RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's unfortunate you had a not so great experience with your vehicle service.
I go to Quick Lane for "The Works" package. I have never seen any shoddy workmanship when they have worked on my Badlands.
My vehicle has always been in my sight when they have worked on it and definitely within yelling distance. I used to work on cars in a past life, I used to treat them as if they were my own, these days it's do everything as fast as you can, air tools speed things even though I have seen bolts/screws be stripped or lost, they should to pay attention to detail which doesn't always happen.
Sponsored

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
It's unfortunate you had a not so great experience with your vehicle service.
I go to Quick Lane for "The Works" package. I have never seen any shoddy workmanship when they have worked on my Badlands.
My vehicle has always been in my sight when they have worked on it and definitely within yelling distance. I used to work on cars in a past life, I used to treat them as if they were my own, these days it's do everything as fast as you can, air tools speed things even though I have seen bolts/screws be stripped or lost, they should to pay attention to detail which doesn't always happen.
Now they want to do things as fast as they can so they can play on their cell phones.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Love New Mexico. I live in the mountains at 8000 feet with all the Bear, Deer, Elk and Mt Lion along with snow in the winter. Can't beat it. Lived here for 28 years and this is the only bad experience I have had. You know, bought 4 explorers, 2 escapes and an Aerostar since moving here and recommended to many, but now I can't get a phone call from the owner of the Dealership who lives in California. Oh well. Thanks for your comment. Rodger
You're killin' me Rodger! :cool:

That's exactly what we were looking for 35 years ago. There was one teensy problem -- OK, 2:

1) No jobs for an electro-mechanical tech. Just logging, ranching, and mining.
2) We drove all over the state, and we found that as soon as we got high enough in elevation to where it started getting nice, we'd see a sign like this:

Ford Bronco Sport Oil change the works at Ford dealership 1719119264540-4d

D'OH!!

We quickly learned that most of the really nice land -- higher elevation, decent size trees, etc. was/is public land. Then there are large tracts that are private (not for sale) or reservation land. The Mescalero Apaches have a nice location.

We live on what is considered a "mountain" here in Maryland. We do have plenty of trees and wildlife -- black bear; turkey; deer -- but it's not New Mexico!

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
80K a year to change oil and rotate tires? In any reality that is great money for the work. I live in south Florida, top 5 highest cost of living areas in the states, techs are getting much less than that and that is why the quality of workmanship is less than what you expect. Seems Ontario is the place to start a automotive career. Certified mechanics there must be making twice that.
I feel compelled to say that the guys primarily doing oil changes/tire rotations are making minimum wage in most places. The dealership will hang the cheese in front of these guys saying if you do well we will bump you up to a line tech. But what ends up happening is years will go by and they are still making min. Wage and the dealership banks on these lube techs quitting due to low pay and some places providing your own tools, so they can continue to save money on hiring people who are fooled into a false promise of advancement whilst paying minimum amounts. That was my experience at a Toyota dealership anyways.
If you can, I recommend getting your oil change and tire rotation scheduled with an actual line tech if your going to a dealership.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
If you're not handicapped, it doesn't make sense to let some minimum wage doper change your oil. I was busy and in a hurry once and took mine to an Zippy lube. They stripped the plug, and it dripped oil from then on. I did get 4 free oil changes from Melloy Ford in Los Lunas, NM and had no problems. I bought 4 ramps and a creeper so it is easy to get under the vehicle. Marijuana is legal here now, and you can't go anywhere without smelling it. I liked it when I was young, but not in my old age.

OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
You should send this write up to the dealership service director.
The last time I was at this shop I had to return and have the skid plate bolts retightened. When I got home I looked under my vehicle and the bolts were not against the plate, just hanging on. So yea, I didn't and I should have gone somewhere else. I wanted to give them another try.

OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
If you're not handicapped, it doesn't make sense to let some minimum wage doper change your oil. I was busy and in a hurry once and took mine to an Zippy lube. They stripped the plug, and it dripped oil from then on. I did get 4 free oil changes from Melloy Ford in Los Lunas, NM and had no problems. I bought 4 ramps and a creeper so it is easy to get under the vehicle. Marijuana is legal here now, and you can't go anywhere without smelling it. I liked it when I was young, but not in my old age.
I used to do all my own oil changes, but I am a blue tag driver now and its hard for me to crawl under and take care of business.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
The age old debate.

I did my own oil changes for years. But sometimes you get busy with work, the weather's bad, the ground's soft (jack stands sinking in), you're busy, or whatever, and you just don't want to deal with that. So then I'll go a few oil changes where I took it to Honda and now will be Ford.

With my Hondas and previous Fords, I couldn't wait to get under them to change out their oil. I don't know why, but I'm just not that keen to do it on the BS. Maybe I'm getting old. Maybe work is kicking my butt. Maybe it's because I have one free oil change left that I want to use later this year.

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yep. The downside to dealerships paying minimum wage is the only people dumb enough to accept that wage with providing own tools and be able to afford that for 6 years is highschool kids and pot heads lol. I’ve worked in cannabis for 6+ years and have grown to hate it so much.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I took my BS BL to the Ford dealership today for an oil change. At the dealership they have several large windows you can watch the work being done.
Today I had a front row seat This is what I observed.
1. While removing the skid plate the mechanic dropped it and let it fall to the ground, then just left it there kicking it around while he worked on the oil change.
2. During the oil change. The mechanic placed the oil basin with telescope lift under the vehicle to catch the oil. While the oil was draining he lowered the vehicle onto the drain basin collapsing it. When he noticed this he quickly lifted the vehicle and realigned the basin and lifted it to continue capturing the oil.
He did the same thing again walked around to the driver’s door to read the door jam label. When he noticed he didn’t again he lifted the vehicle again and again readjusted the oil basin.
3. When he was rotating the tires he went front to back, back to front. And boy oh boy, he loved his red impact wrench.
4. I thought maybe this is my last trip to the dealership for services.
5. Upon check out I asked if they took care of the update battery management system recall. Nope, so why take your ford to ford?
Too bad that you didn't video the moron.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Find a competent local shop. Dealerships can afford to let shoddy workmanship slide because many people think you have to take your Ford to a Ford dealership for service. Local shops rely on word-of-mouth for their reputations.
Totally agree with this Mark. No excuse for what that tech did. My dealers been good but then again I didn't observe the tech working on it. Here in Buffalo you can't beat the $88 price on "the works". Had the same thing done on the wife's 07 Camry at our local shop. $146 which included tax. YIKES !!

Last edited:

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My Ford Dealer raised the hoist without adjusting the arms. Yes, it "crushed" the Carbon Emmissions Canister, so they charged me $875 to replace it. Told me I must have done it when Off Roading, which I never have. So when I crawled under the car, you could see the "impression" of the Hoist puncture. I called the owner, he ordered a refund. Oh yes, the Service Manager then barred me from the dealership stating "he could refuse service to anyone". Told me he did not need the "Drama". Now it is a 3.5 hour drive to a Ford Dealer. I guess they showed me. Welcome to New Mexico. By the way I am 73 and handicapped, the SM told me he didn't need to service a "disabled person's vehicle". Vision Ford in Alamogordo New Mexico is really.... By the way, never owned anything but Fords for all my driving life. If I out live my BS, watch me buy an import.
This service manager needs an adittude adjustment with a pipe wrench. I'd tell the owner then file a complant with the proper people who handle disability violations. Maybe a letter to Ford itself to make them aware. I once got a Dodge SM fired for less than this clown did to you. This SM should be fired.

R W NORRIS New Mexico

Big Bend
First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
petegee77

I tried to "file a complaint" with the Attorney General's office in New Mexico and the owner would not "respond" to it, so they said they could do nothing. So I then sent a letter to FORD and called, it has only been 18 months and still no response from them. A real joke. Since age 16 I have been FORD, Lincoln or Mercury. 60 T-Bird was my first and I am 73 now, that is a lot of FORD SUPPORT petegee77 with service after purchase, but this ended with this. I like the Bronco Sport, but I tell as many as I can about FORD and my "local Dealer". What can you do, they got my money. LOL

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
petegee77

I tried to "file a complaint" with the Attorney General's office in New Mexico and the owner would not "respond" to it, so they said they could do nothing. So I then sent a letter to FORD and called, it has only been 18 months and still no response from them. A real joke. Since age 16 I have been FORD, Lincoln or Mercury. 60 T-Bird was my first and I am 73 now, that is a lot of FORD SUPPORT petegee77 with service after purchase, but this ended with this. I like the Bronco Sport, but I tell as many as I can about FORD and my "local Dealer". What can you do, they got my money. LOL
It is fairly common for business owners to ignore BBB and/or AG complaints. IMO, that works in the customer's favor. No response is usually interpreted by others as the company having no defense for the negative experience the customer had.

The AG's office saying they could do nothing since the dealership did not respond sounds like bs. If that were the case then no companies would respond, and no action would ever get taken.

Regarding 'what can you do?' -- you're doing it. Letting people know about how you were treated.

There are many people who read reviews and complaints and take them seriously. They can influence where they decide to do business.

Something I don't understand is -- even if all a dealership cares about is profit -- why treat customers poorly? Sure, it might save a few bucks today, but if that customer talks to family/friends/coworkers and posts reviews and complaints -- and the dealership loses even one sale or significant service job -- they're LOST money. It's extremely short-sighted.

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Don’t know the extent of your disability, but if it qualifies this sounds like the start of a suit under the ADA. I’d think about checking with an attorney . . . One of those suits would probably get their attention!
Sponsored