ughh...it is almost as if Ford doesn't want you towing anything with this Bronco

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
How fast are you driving? What shape is the trailer? Towing guidance from Ford lists a maximum frontal area along with weight.
It's a pretty standard 6x10 V-nose enclosed trailer, maybe 6.5' tall. CA speed limit for towing is 55 and I try to keep it within 5-10 MPH. I expect to get dinged maybe 5 MPG, but not 10. I even fill up with premium, seems like most manufacturers recommend it for towing nowadays.
Sponsored

ATLAS BLUE BADLANDS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BADLANDS
Took delivery a month ago - the hitch came right in but not the wiring - still waiting on the parts. Last I heard they said June. Can't even use it for the plug-in multi-light gizmo I bought for it yet.

Put it on the Subaru Outback which we were able to get hitch and wiring at once. The light does work good - running light - brake light - and flashes with each turn signal - and works with 4 way flashers. Some do not do all that. Bought a 2nd light unit for when the BS finally gets wired.

2" Trailer Tow Hitch Cover Light Stop Tail Light Brake Light 15 Led Light 4 Way | eBay

Ford Bronco Sport ughh...it is almost as if Ford doesn't want you towing anything with this Bronco IMG_1021.JPG
Hitch wiring gets installed tomorrow at the dealership - parts finally arrived.

ATLAS BLUE BADLANDS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BADLANDS
what are they charging you if you don't mind?
Not sure about parts price - service order shows 1 hour labor hitch and wiring @ $120 an hour. Trailer hitch kit @ $220. Pretty sure the wiring should be a separate parts price. Will try and update afterwards.

Dealership has been very fair - free window tint when transport didn't show in 2 weeks as they expected - $600 tire credit for the take-off tires.

https://accessories.ford.com/search?searchTerm=bronco+sport+trailer+hitch+wiring&facet=facets.100509.value.raw:"Ford_Bronco+Sport_2024"

ATLAS BLUE BADLANDS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BADLANDS
what are they charging you if you don't mind?

Update - No additional charge to me for the parts. Dealing with a the small town dealership. *PRICELESS*

They had it all day - looks like they have to take things apart in the back cargo area to get it wired.

Put my 4th brake light on the hitch - might as well get use out of it daily. May never tow. Did put a bike rack on today to ride from and back to the dealership.

Ford Bronco Sport ughh...it is almost as if Ford doesn't want you towing anything with this Bronco IMG_1225.JPG

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

Outer Banks
First Name
Marl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi R8- 2020 Tesla M3P- 2021 Wrangler Rubi
Unfortunately Ford has been out of stock on the hitches for awhile now and we have a trip to Tahoe planned next week, so I took it to U-Haul who had the hitch and wiring harness with install for $507 OTD which worked out great...Nice to finally have the towing hitch for the E-bikes and Sea Doo's!!!

Ford Bronco Sport ughh...it is almost as if Ford doesn't want you towing anything with this Bronco AE4BC700-F3C8-4620-B6F0-2B366C3D5E5F

Ford Bronco Sport ughh...it is almost as if Ford doesn't want you towing anything with this Bronco 787E3F81-D035-489D-A946-D49C8250DB6D

Last edited:

ATLAS BLUE BADLANDS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BADLANDS
Unfortunately Ford has been out of stock on the hitches for awhile now and we have a trip to Tahoe planned next week, so I took it to U-Haul who had the hitch and wiring harness with install for $507 OTD which worked out great...Nice to finally have the towing hitch for the E-bikes and Sea Doo's!!!

Ford Bronco Sport ughh...it is almost as if Ford doesn't want you towing anything with this Bronco AE4BC700-F3C8-4620-B6F0-2B366C3D5E5F

Ford Bronco Sport ughh...it is almost as if Ford doesn't want you towing anything with this Bronco 787E3F81-D035-489D-A946-D49C8250DB6D

That's a hassle free bargain and looks like a clean install to boot.