thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
There seems to be confusion among Bronco Sport owners regarding the current version of SYNC. Every Bronco Sport comes standard with SYNC Version 3.4 There are Build numbers assigned to the latest update of SYNC 3.4

Build 23188 is the latest build and corrects the issues associated with Build 22251. If you are still on Build 22251 the update is very easy and quick. Do not rely on checking for updates using the head unit if you are on Build 22251. You will not be able to update that way based on the partition issues related to Build 22251. If you have not yet had issues with Build 22251, you eventually will.

The build number code is:
23 equals the year
188 equals the day of the year

Refer to the following link for easy instructions for update.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/sync-3-4-build-23188-now-available-9-2-23.9557/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dadio

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Good advice. My FordPass stopped working correctly, and although my in car menu stated I was up to date, I was not at 23188. With the help of Ford Support I updated my software to 23188 by downloading the update to a USB stick via my computer. Note : i tried updating via the in car wifi method but it never completed. Support told me that update via the in car menu could take hours, even days. Best to update via USB stick. Anyhow after the update FordPass works again.

jason202

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2009 Volvo C30 T5
Apologies if this is a dumb question, but can I install this latest update without installing prior updates that came out after my Bronco Sport was built? I've had it for around 18 months and I know there were software updates between what I got from the factory and the latest.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Apologies if this is a dumb question, but can I install this latest update without installing prior updates that came out after my Bronco Sport was built? I've had it for around 18 months and I know there were software updates between what I got from the factory and the latest.
Yes.
Sponsored