Thgrl1972

Outer Banks
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bs ob
I got the letter about the $20 refund due to a microchip shortage. Anyone else get this? I'm sure you did. Problem is, my local dealer keeps acting like they have no clue about it and telling me to go to ford.com. That's great, except the website says to go to local dealer.
Suggestions?
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Paesano

Big Bend
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
mine was on the Window sticker on my new 2023 Badlands.
Ford Support tells me it is for the WiFi hotspot, which I want and now I am challenging my dealer to get the chip and install it as I want that ability.
When you have the perimeter security installed and HotSpot activated with AT&T you get alerts when a sensed alarm happens via FordPass

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
mine was on the Window sticker on my new 2023 Badlands.
Ford Support tells me it is for the WiFi hotspot, which I want and now I am challenging my dealer to get the chip and install it as I want that ability.
When you have the perimeter security installed and HotSpot activated with AT&T you get alerts when a sensed alarm happens via FordPass
Ford stated no such chip retrofit is possible. The articles about that are on this Forum. (Well I’m sure it is possible to locate the needed parts etc., from a salvage yard if needed)

Last edited:

Paesano

Big Bend
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford stated no such chip retrofit is possible. The articles about that are on this Forum. (Well I’m sure it is possible to locate the needed parts etc., from a salvage yard if needed)
thanks
Sponsored