rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
All these battery issues (especially in the 1.5L) have me thinking about going to an AGM battery before possible issues. No guarantee the issue won't happen with an AGM battery but it seems virtually no issues with the AGM. It's a terrible feeling knowing the issues the stock battery has in many cases here.
I'm taking a 1500 round mile trip at the end of the month and I would hate to possibly have an issue on the road. Anyone change to an AGM without having a battery issue?
I'll add that many decades of vehicle buying and this is the first time a possible breakdown is in the back of my mind.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
@rocks .. Which AGM Battery are you considering? There’s a few AGM Battery manufacturers and my friends with AGM Batteries reported varying results; one failed after 6 months (that was 2 weeks ago after a record summer above 110° and was not in a bronco sport).

OP
OP
rocks

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rocks .. Which AGM Battery are you considering? There’s a few AGM Battery manufacturers and my friends with AGM Batteries reported varying results; one failed after 6 months (that was 2 weeks ago after a record summer above 110° and was not in a bronco sport).
I haven't really looked at brands. I'd probably let my dealer service do the change if I decide to do it. It's hot and humid here but not 110. I guess I can ask for a specific AGM brand because the dealer would get the battery from an outside source.The change is more of a peace of mind thing.

OP
OP
rocks

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may change the battery to an AGM after my trip. I figure I'll have just over 2K miles and will go with an oil change to full synthetic at the same time.
It has been a long time since I had to change a battery, I don't keep vehicles long. I was hoping to now.
Can the dealer save presets in the head unit today with some type of gadget?

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
All these battery issues (especially in the 1.5L) have me thinking about going to an AGM battery before possible issues. No guarantee the issue won't happen with an AGM battery but it seems virtually no issues with the AGM. It's a terrible feeling knowing the issues the stock battery has in many cases here.
I'm taking a 1500 round mile trip at the end of the month and I would hate to possibly have an issue on the road. Anyone change to an AGM without having a battery issue?
I'll add that many decades of vehicle buying and this is the first time a possible breakdown is in the back of my mind.
The OEM battery in your vehicle was supposed to be an AGM battery. I have a 21 OB and it was shipped with the AGM battery.

Ford had supply issues and could not get enough AGM batteries for the Bronco Sport and had to start using conventional lead acid batteries.

OP
OP
rocks

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The OEM battery in your vehicle was supposed to be an AGM battery. I have a 21 OB and it was shipped with the AGM battery.

Ford had supply issues and could not get enough AGM batteries for the Bronco Sport and had to start using conventional lead acid batteries.
Very interesting! I assume you have had no issues with it.

jamaicandave

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My 2022 BS is equipped with an advanced flooded battery. In my work I have seen OEM AGM batteries dropping like flies. When it's time to replace my battery I'll go AGM but not until the quality is better.

OP
OP
rocks

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2022 BS is equipped with an advanced flooded battery. In my work I have seen OEM AGM batteries dropping like flies. When it's time to replace my battery I'll go AGM but not until the quality is better.
Oh man, you just put a pin in my balloon. :D

Black Rob

Heritage
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

OP
OP
rocks

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
rocks

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Bronco Sport models are supposed to have an AGM battery from the factory.
So you feel it's a better battery for the BS. Not many issues with the AGM vs. the lead acid battery.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My 2021 Badlands had a regular lead acid FoMoCo battery, it started giving up at 19k miles by causing all kinds of electrical errors, non working auto start stop, random no start and stalling episodes. Battery was replaced under warranty with a Motorcraft AGM, have not had any electrical issue's since replacement, it has only been 4k miles, we'll see how long it holds up.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
It's not just a 1.5L issue.
Sponsored