kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
I had a battery tender at one point and suspected that it was shortening the life of my sealed batteries. I replaced it with a Battery Minder (actually have two--auto and aviation version) and became a big fan. These are a little more expensive but recommended by battery manufacturers and the de-sulphation feature really seems to work.
Sponsored

OP
OP

broncosp

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
Unfortunately for various reasons, I haven't had a chance to get the BS to the dealership yet to look into this issue...I'll update here if I find anything out from them once I get it there. On a side note, and probably should be a separate thread but for some reason my headlights randomly turned on when the truck had been off for a few hours. I was just sitting in the garage and the headlights turned on for about 10 seconds, then switched off. Odd

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Automatic headlights. They will turn on when the light sensor detects darkness. Like in the garage.
With the vehicle not running and parked in a garage?

OP
OP

broncosp

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
With the vehicle not running and parked in a garage?
The vehicle was not running and parked in my driveway.
Found this on another Bronco forum:
"Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533stored in the body control module (BCM). This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch.Feb 22, 2023"

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
"Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533stored in the body control module (BCM). This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch.Feb 22, 2023"
For Bronco Sports, I have only found that applies to early model year e.g. 2021-22 vehicles and the new headlamp switch corrected that issue for later model BS such as your 2024 so will have to see what your dealership says about SSM 51645. (similar problem seems to affect a number of Ford models including BS, F-150, Mustang)

OP
OP

broncosp

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
For Bronco Sports, I have only found that applies to early model year e.g. 2021-22 vehicles and the new headlamp switch corrected that issue for later model BS such as your 2024 so will have to see what your dealership says about SSM 51645. (similar problem seems to affect a number of Ford models including BS, F-150, Mustang)
Hmm..ya the post I referred to was 21-22 BS's, but I can tell ya it did happen to my 24 a couple days ago. Gotta get this back to the dealer this week. Thanks for the info

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm..ya the post I referred to was 21-22 BS's, but I can tell ya it did happen to my 24 a couple days ago. Gotta get this back to the dealer this week. Thanks for the info
Let us know what they fix. Could take awhile since it sounds like the issue is not very repeatable.

Did you actually see the headlamps came on by themselves? Because if you walk close to the BS even without touching the vehicle or the keyfob you can see and hear the vehicle wakes up. Perhaps that’s all it was?

OP
OP

broncosp

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
Let us know what they fix. Could take awhile since it sounds like the issue is not very repeatable.

Did you actually see the headlamps came on by themselves? Because if you walk close to the BS even without touching the vehicle or the keyfob you can see and hear the vehicle wakes up. Perhaps that’s all it was?
Yes I will update here for sure. I was just sitting in my garage having a beer, garage door open and BS in the driveway. The keyfob was not near the BS or myself. Headlamps turned on for 5-10 secs, then off. Was very odd

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I will update here for sure. I was just sitting in my garage having a beer, garage door open and BS in the driveway. The keyfob was not near the BS or myself. Headlamps turned on for 5-10 secs, then off. Was very odd
Mine too, my guess it’s the rear sensors that detected the presence. I can walk past the vehicle without the keyfob nearby and the vehicle reacts like you saw, happens to lots of owners.

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Now that would get my attention!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi All.
First time poster here, enjoying the informative forums. I wanted to post an issue I recently had in hopes someone may have some insight. So yesterday I drove my 2024 Bronco Sport BB (with only 600km on it), to the local store, came back 5 mins later and it would not start. The brake was locked, and pushing the ignition button turned on the instrument panel, but did not start the engine. The dashboard display was going through all sorts of diagnostic warnings and every light was light up. The parking gear light was flashing orange. I could freely turn the steering wheel, it was not locked. I got out of the vehicle, tried to lock it, although it made the locking sound, it would not lock. I tried to start it about 8 times. I waited about 20 mins, tried again and it worked. Brake was not locked and push ignition worked. I have an appointment for service at dealer. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Sponsored