Question on replacing B and O front center dash speaker cover?

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge, 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
The dealer is replacing the front center speaker cover because of discoloration when the sun is in front of us while driving and the sunlight bounces off of the dashboard. While it is a cosmetic issue I still find it annoying since it is a new car. The discoloration is circled in the picture below but it does not come out in the picture as bad as it actually is.

What I do not understand is that the dealer is going to replace the entire front trim piece instead of just the speaker grlll cover. I have seen an earlier thread on this forum where these speaker covers have actually popped up and the owners have just pushed them back down by using a little force. Also I though that the speaker covers could be removed in order to service the speaker.

Does anyone know why the entire trim piece needs to be replaced instead of just the cover? I am just surprised the entire trim piece is being replaced.

Ford Bronco Sport Question on replacing B and O front center dash speaker cover? All Photos - 1 of 1 (2)
Sponsored

Rockboz

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
Ironically, I purchased electrical tape yesterday so I can cover the “B O” logo on the speaker. My wife finds it distracting and our first roadtrip is tomorrow.

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they are doing it under warranty, let them replace whatever they deem necessary.
Yes, doing it under warranty. I gave the service advisor my pictures to use and he sent them to Ford which surprisingly approved the repair right away. Based on past experience I would have expected Ford to deny the claim because it is cosmetic and once you take delivery its been my experience they deny those claims and it is up to the good will of the dealer.

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ironically, I purchased electrical tape yesterday so I can cover the “B O” logo on the speaker. My wife finds it distracting and our first roadtrip is tomorrow.
I understand that. That is why I want to have the speaker cover replaced. Once you see what is distracting you, you can't unsee it. I know in my case if I leave it alone I will forget about it for awhile until the sun hits it the right way and I see it again and it will start bothering me again.

Aviator

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
I find the reflection from the front hood blinding.......

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yes, doing it under warranty.
Let us know if the dealership gives you the reason why the entire trim piece needed to be replaced instead of just the cover

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I will. I thought it was strange especially when I talked to a different service advisor previously about replacing the cover. At the time he didn't think it was a big deal since he felt they would have to be able to remove the cover to service the speaker if someone had a problem with the speaker and the speaker had to be replaced.

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I find the reflection from the front hood blinding.......
Yes, I did too when test driving a white BS. I thought well I would just have to get used to it. I actually ordered a white one last March and found out there was a hold on building th eBadlands model. Luckily the dealer just got one in inventory that was Desert Sand that had everything I wanted in it so we took that one. Originally last year we decided not to get the BS because my wife didn't think she would be able to get used to the hood but here we are now and really love our BS. Just got to get through these initial quality issues which for the most part I expected with a new car. I consider these issues nuisance issues

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let us know if the dealership gives you the reason why the entire trim piece needed to be replaced instead of just the cover
The service writer didn't know 100% but thought that this is the way that it has to be ordered. That it comes as one piece.
I found this below showing the part as one piece. I have seen a tread on this forum showing issues with the speaker grills popping up and a video from a full size Bronco showing someone removing the cover to get to the speaker so I assumed that the speaker cover can be replaced by itself. I guess I was wrong. In the end this is probably better in that the video showing the grill being removed the person was warning about how his dashboard got scratched up.
Instrument Panel Pad

Part Number: M1PZ63044E82BA
Supersession(s): M1PZ-63044E82-BA
Ford Bronco Sport Question on replacing B and O front center dash speaker cover? BS21415_3

Ford Bronco Sport Question on replacing B and O front center dash speaker cover? BS21415_3

Grille. Instrument Panel Pad. Top cover.
Instrument Panel Pad. W/premium audio.

Instrument Panel Pad
Fits Bronco Sport

W/premium audio.
Sponsored