zachc275

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks (Area 51)
FYI in case you don't have notifications turned on for the FordPass app: Ford is removing some features from it. There is an FAQ that goes into more detail but here are some highlights from Ford that are probably more relevant to the Bronco sport:
  • We are removing some lesser-used features of FordPass to help create even better experiences for popular features.
  • Members with an activated FordPass Connect™** modem will continue to be able to use remote vehicle features including start***/stop and lock/unlock****, which Ford is the first automotive manufacturer to offer its remote vehicle services complimentary to all customers without a trial period. Based on U.S., non-luxury, full-line auto manufacturer owner's mobile apps only.
  • Vehicles with an activated FordPass Connect modem, the following features will no longer be available in FordPass and are not available in the vehicle:
    • Journeys
    • App Catalog
    • Remote Vehicle Setup (this feature is one time use prior to delivery for select vehicles)
    • Certain Map capabilities, such as:
      • Point of Interest search for Fuel and Parking
      • Pin my spot
      • Send directions to SYNC Navigation from FordPass
  • SYNC AppLink is still available via SYNC. However, the connection between the FordPass App and AppLink will be changing. FordPass is just one of the apps available for use with AppLink. This change will improve performance, but some features will not be available any longer.

Personally I'm not really fazed by these changes because I never got things like the Journeys feature to work anyway. I do hope that Ford adds more features to FordPass, such as climate control and window venting, if at all possible.
Sponsored

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The map capabilities seem like a loss for those with built in nav. I can’t see much function for the other features being removed.

I’m really pleased with FordPass’s capabilities. Remote start and unlock are great - especially for those of us without a similar fob function. Being able to see the odometer, oil life and tire pressure is a big plus. And I like getting notifications for things like recalls and service in app. All around it’s a very positive experience and MUCH better than OnStar!

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Thank you for sharing! Disappointingly, Journeys only worked for the first month I owned the vehicle and no matter what I tried, it never worked again. No loss here so long as they never ever remove remote unlock and remote start. To echo OP, I'd love to see a few additional features like climate control and maybe a lift gate button if they make it automatic some day. All in all, it's a fantastic free service.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m sure I haven’t used half the features that were available as cool as they all sound. I swore I’d get more into the app once my BS gets here. Still, there’s nothing quite so cool as being able to control your car from your watch Dick Tracy style. Glad there’s no subscription fees for all this.

Ford Bronco Sport Ford announces some changes to FordPass features A08A6803-C105-4BBE-B800-79D1401458CE

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I’m sure I haven’t used half the features that were available as cool as they all sound. I swore I’d get more into the app once my BS gets here. Still, there’s nothing quite so cool as being able to control your car from your watch Dick Tracy style. Glad there’s no subscription fees for all this.

Ford Bronco Sport Ford announces some changes to FordPass features A08A6803-C105-4BBE-B800-79D1401458CE
I havent used an iPhone since the 2, and am totally into Android/Samsung now. But this feature alone will at least make me change my work phone to Apple so i can pair the watch to it just for this feature. Hey if work is going to pay for the phone and lines, ill add the watch. Now to figure out what to do with my Galaxy watch lol.

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands

I know! I love using the watch to start it.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I havent used an iPhone since the 2, and am totally into Android/Samsung now. But this feature alone will at least make me change my work phone to Apple so i can pair the watch to it just for this feature. Hey if work is going to pay for the phone and lines, ill add the watch. Now to figure out what to do with my Galaxy watch lol.
Is there an Android version? I’ve always had apple, but this is my first watch so it’s kinda neat to see what it can do.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Is there an Android version? I’ve always had apple, but this is my first watch so it’s kinda neat to see what it can do.
Unfortunately, FordPass doesnt work on the Galaxy Watch. The remote start options available on the Apple watch face is convenient enough for me to want to give it a try. Being that my work phone is due for an upgrade (Note 10), I will probably move that to iOS ecosystem. Work pays for the phone and the line. I only have to buy the watch and pay for the watch's line, but might get a bluetooth/wifi only watch (if they even offer that).

Reactions: MJE

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have owned three Bronco Sports from three different dealerships. None of them have ever gotten journey to work.

I thought it sounded interesting but I guess it is better to delete it then to be disappointed in it.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Unfortunately, FordPass doesnt work on the Galaxy Watch. The remote start options available on the Apple watch face is convenient enough for me to want to give it a try. Being that my work phone is due for an upgrade (Note 10), I will probably move that to iOS ecosystem. Work pays for the phone and the line. I only have to buy the watch and pay for the watch's line, but might get a bluetooth/wifi only watch (if they even offer that).
https://www.apple.com/watch/compare/
They sure do. I’m not sure though necessarily which versions have GPS or just Bluetooth/wifi only. Mine is the 7 in stainless (the most up to date apple I have, everything else is 5 years old) & that required cellular. So I assume it’s optional on the aluminum finish ones. Thankfully even old iPhones will run the watch as it requires 6S or later with iOS 15 or later.

That sux though that FordPass doesn’t work on the Galaxy. It really doesn’t do much but for the 3 buttons you see: lock/unlock & start. It pulls everything from the phone app I’m sure. But still, it’s too cool

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Only ever got one or two journeys to ever record. Then it got locked behind endless user agreement updates and other issues.
I don't understand the loss of the fuel locations and pricing from the system. Maybe it's like a y2k bug and they can't handle prices over $9.99 :crackup: Still, kinda BS to sell the feature and then take it away. Very Muskish.
Trying to understand the loss of "App Catalog". There were basically no apps to install anyhow. Does it just mean you have to use Pandora through CarPlay instead of using Pandora through the Sync system? I don't see why or how that is tied to the modem regardless.
No mention of the horn/light thing they added. I'm guessing it is the same as the lock feature.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Trying to understand the loss of "App Catalog". There were basically no apps to install anyhow. Does it just mean you have to use Pandora through CarPlay instead of using Pandora through the Sync system? I don't see why or how that is tied to the modem regardless.
I never even looked at it on the app, but you can pull up the apps on the Sync in the dash itself.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I never even looked at it on the app, but you can pull up the apps on the Sync in the dash itself.
Yeah, you can either activate CarPlay and then use the app on the phone; or you can stay on Sync mode and use the app to play from a connected phone. This announcement sounds like that second method is going away.
Sponsored