Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Thus far, these efforts seem to be paying off, as the automaker avoided a dozen recalls with the delayed launch of the 2024 Ford F-150, and after issuing more recalls than any other make in 2023, it currently ranks third on that same list halfway through 2024. According to Farley, Ford has seen a 10 percent improvement in terms of the quality of its 2024 models, and its defect rate has fallen to 20 percent as well – right in line with its competition.
Well, that's something.

OP
OP
Bronclahoma

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Until I bought my 21 BL and then my current 23 BL I hadn't driven a Ford in decades. I guess I'm lucky, I haven't had to return either for service. Did the recent update with Mobil tech. But from experiences I see on here, service in Ford dealerships is poor, loaners almost non-existent. These combined with poor quality control are making for very poor customer satisfaction for a lot of folks. How about Ford sells service loaners to dealers at a cost that they will buy back similar to rental cars? The inconvenience of being without transportation and getting to work, kids to school puts a lot stress on many folks. If I didn't have a great relationship with my dealer, I'd be afraid to buy a Ford.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Until I bought my 21 BL and then my current 23 BL I hadn't driven a Ford in decades. I guess I'm lucky, I haven't had to return either for service. Did the recent update with Mobil tech. But from experiences I see on here, service in Ford dealerships is poor, loaners almost non-existent. These combined with poor quality control are making for very poor customer satisfaction for a lot of folks. How about Ford sells service loaners to dealers at a cost that they will buy back similar to rental cars? The inconvenience of being without transportation and getting to work, kids to school puts a lot stress on many folks. If I didn't have a great relationship with my dealer, I'd be afraid to buy a Ford.
Amen. Should you ever consider to become Ford's new customer rep director, you'd get my vote for sure.

Paradocks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid
I've been waiting for the 2025 refresh of the BS myself. Bad news is that it looks like I will have to wait a bit longer. Good news is that it is for all the right reasons (kudos to Ford for taking proactive steps to improve quality). And even better news...I no longer have a monthly auto loan payment on my Tucson, so there's an extra $450 bucks per month in my pocket until the BS becomes available. :clap:

OP
OP
Bronclahoma

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This bui
I've been waiting for the 2025 refresh of the BS myself. Bad news is that it looks like I will have to wait a bit longer. Good news is that it is for all the right reasons (kudos to Ford for taking proactive steps to improve quality). And even better news...I no longer have a monthly auto loan payment on my Tucson, so there's an extra $450 bucks per month in my pocket until the BS becomes available. :clap:
Builld and hold isn't pro-active. Just the opposite, it's reactive. Pro-active would be to start with their design and engineering effort, production and quality control to see the defects don't occur. To me, this strategy just admits they are screwed up from start to finish in the process. At least they know it.

Last edited:

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I added this to my PremiumCare extended warranty from Granger Ford. $90 total.

Ford Bronco Sport Ford announces 2025 BS, Maverick and Explorer  build and hold strategy RENTAL CAR COSTS

hellb0y

Big Bend
First Name
Hellish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
This bui

Builld and hold isn't pro-active. Just the opposite, it's reactive. Pro-active would be to start with their design and engineering effort, production and quality control to see the defects don't occur. To me, this strategy just admits they are screwed up from start to finish in the process. At least they know it.
very hard to achieve this with a unionized work force…

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Pro-active would be to start with their design and engineering effort, production and quality control to see the defects don't occur.
What are the basic design and engineering flaws with the Bronco Sport?

Reactions: ZQ8
OP
OP
Bronclahoma

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have no idea what their most common defects are, but we could start with water pumps, poorly designed fuel injectors, the BCM/PCM fiasco that we thought was batteries for two years. Brake noise. The whole point is that defects should be held to standards, rather than this reactive strategy of build and hold.

I know the time value of hundreds of millions in inventory not being converted to cash for six weeks.

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I’m at a loss to what Ford’s Build & Hold strategy will accomplish besides finding fit & finish type issues. Any accelerated life testing, design guidelines and checklists and manufacturing run throughs would have been completed long before the Build & Hold strategy begins.

The report states “(Ford) avoided a dozen recalls with the delayed launch” but that feels like smoke and mirrors. Sure some recalls are due to improper torquing of bolts but looking at Ford’s recent round of recalls most do not seem the type to show up in a short timeframe.

I am assuming Ford’s QC Team created a vehicle specific checklist and list of tests used during the Build & Hold timeframe and I would love to see those posted online.
Sponsored

Last edited: